FORT LEONARD WOOD, Mo. (May 29, 2018) — The U.S. Army Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear School at Fort Leonard Wood plans to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Chemical Corps with a Veterans Homecoming June 28.
The event is open to all Chemical Corps veterans, and each veteran is invited to bring one guest.
Several events planned that day include:
- A Sunrise Service at 6 a.m. at the Chemical Corps Memorial Grove, followed by a Sunrise Service Breakfast.
- A tour of the 1st Lt. Joseph Terry CBRN Responder Training Facility at 8:30 a.m.
- The Hall of Fame/Distinguished Member of the Corps Induction Ceremony at 10:30 a.m. in Baker Theater.
- A no-host lunch with Soldiers at the 84th Chemical Battalion dining facility at 11:30 a.m. Cost of the meal is $5.60 per person.
- A visit to the Chemical Corps Museum, along with group photos at 1:15 p.m.
- A Veterans Recognition Ceremony in the 84th Chemical Battalion classroom at 3:30 p.m.
Veterans are asked to register by June 12, and may register online at: https://einvitations.afit.edu/inv/anim.cfm?i=388855&k=01694A017E52.
Once registered, participants will receive an information packet, which will include post access instructions and a map of event locations. Transportation on post will be made available to the first 50 veterans and guests registered.
For assistance in registering or for more information, contact Kip Lindberg, Chemical Museum director, at 417.350.9922, or by email to email@example.com; or call the Maneuver Support Center of Excellence Protocol Office at 573.563.6145.