Following are some highlights of Fort Leonard Wood in the news.
Army Dive School
Army’s engineer dive school poses rare challenge — for those able to meet it
— Part one of a two-part series on the Army’s engineer diver training.
Army divers train for bevy of dangers
— Part two of a two-part series on the Army’s engineer diver training.
NPR All Things Considered: A Rash Of Injuries Has The Army Looking For A New Kind Of Boot For Recruits, by Jonathan Ahl, St. Louis Public Radio
Holiday Block Leave
Team Fredbird greets troops on holiday leave https://www.facebook.com/Cardinals/videos/351670668953057/
“Army exodus for the holidays, a drill sergeant’s work is never done,” By Kim Bell, St. Louis Post-Dispatch https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/at-army-exodus-for-the-holidays-a-drill-sergeant-s/article_3a975683-a448-5ab3-b4cb-448b35c5d17e.html
“USO Sending troops home for the holidays in style,” by KSDK 5’s Brandon Merano, who is also an Air National Guardsman, calls for a push-up challenge with DS Chris Elliott leading the count. https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/military-news/uso-sending-troops-home-for-the-holidays-in-style/63-8fd268ad-b07c-4220-bec8-2419273929e3
BG Whittle interview with Marc Cox: Morning Show Host Marc Cox interviews Brig. Gen. Robert Whittle, U.S. Army Engineer School Commandant about Holiday Block Leave and the American Soldier at St. Louis Airport https://www.facebook.com/971talk/videos/2212488745671752/
DS Lewis interview with Marc Cox: Drill Sgt. Stacy Lewis talks to Marc Cox, 97.1 FM about being a drill sergeant in the U.S. Army and sending troops home for Holiday Block Leave https://www.facebook.com/971talk/videos/486201731903796/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
Posts from USO of Missouri at St. Louis Lambert International Airport https://www.facebook.com/USOofMissouri/
The USO of Missouri is posting Holiday Block Leave events for Soldiers staying at Fort Leonard Wood throughout the block leave period. https://www.facebook.com/FLWUSOCLUB/
S&B / CST & CBRNE Magazine Q3 2018 : Brig. Gen. Antonio Munera, 30 Chief of Chemical, is featured in a Q&A on “A Century of Chemical Management and Defense” in combination with the 100th Anniversary of the U.S. Army Chemical Corps, page 12 online version. https://issuu.com/tacticaldefensemedia/docs/cbrne_q318_webpdf_1_
Nov. 12, 2018 — St. Louis Post-Dispatch by Jesse Bogan https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/first-female-commander-at-fort-leonard-wood-wants-women-to/article_a2c1b6fc-fb82-5333-8f80-eb4e71b3c257.html.
Nov. 11, 2018 — KY3 Springfield Veterans Day Salute by Andrew Hvranek, https://www.ky3.com/content/news/VETERANS-DAY-SALUTE-Sergeant-Caleb-Mackey-500247571.html.
Sept. 22, 2018 — Cardinals Broadcaster Mike Claiborne interviews Brig. Gen. Andy Munera, 30th Chief of Chemical, Sept. 22 at Busch Stadium for the 25th annual Military Appreciation Day game.
MSCOE Change of Command
Aug. 28, 2018 KMOV 4 St. Louis, MO — By Emily Pritchard https://www.kmov.com/news/first-female-commanding-general-promoted-to-lead-fort-leonard-wood/article_0f062ecd-3625-511d-a4d9-e46bcc4609ee.html
Aug. 28, 2018 KY3 Springfield, MO — By Andrew Havranek https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Fort-Leonard-Wood-celebrates-promotion-of-major-general-491901541.html
Aug. 28, 2018 KOLR 10 Springfield, MO — By Brea Douglas https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/major-general-donna-martin-becomes-fort-leonard-wood-s-first-female-commanding-general/1402649926
Aug. 20, 2018 — Career Paths in the U.S. Army by Wood TV 8, Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, Mi. https://www.woodtv.com/eightwest/career-paths-and-opportunities-in-the-us-army/1382969314
April 14-18, 2018 — Best Sapper Competition
- The Army’s Best Sapper Competition is Getting a New Name, Charlsy Panzino, Army Times
- Fort Campbell Engineers Take Top Honors at Best Sapper Competition, by Meghann Myers, Army Times
- April 24: Sec Army @SecArmy congratulates Best Sappers on Twitter Congratulations to Capt. Chelednik and Sgt. 1st Class Clark with the 21st Brigade Engineer Battalion 3 BCT, @101st AASLTDIV, for winning 1st Place at the 2018 #BestSapper Competition at #fortleonardwood.
- BSC preview with KFBD 97.9 FM www.myozarksonline.com
April 11-12, 2018 — Maneuver Support, Sustainment, Protection, Integration Experiment (MSSPIX) 2018 Media Day
- Springfield News Leader, Army shows off next-level tech at Fort Leonard Wood https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2018/04/11/fort-leonard-wood-msspix-army-demonstrates-trio-experimental-technologies-faro-drones-3-d-printer/503766002/
- KOLR 10, Army Testing New Technologies at Ft. Leonard Wood http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/army-testing-new-technologies-at-ft-leonard-wood/1116166010
- KY3, Fort Leonard Wood showcases new technology, http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Fort-Leonard-Wood-showcases-new-technology-479459683.html
- KFLW 98.9 FM, Facebook post: MSSPIX – Maneuver Support, Sustainment, Protection, Integration Experiment- Media day 2018. How about Engineers 3-D printing concrete buildings? Military Police scanning a crime scene or battle area in minutes instead of hours? Chemical Soldiers tracking and mapping contaminated areas while staying at a safe distance? All this and more is the future and that future is being tested now on Ft. Leonard Wood! https://www.facebook.com/kflw.fort/
- Phelps County Focus http://www.phelpscountyfocus.com/the_focus_insider/article_1f56ed30-41b9-11e8-bc52-fb99c27aafd9.html
- Lebanon Daily Record https://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/ *Now Laclede County Record
- Fidelity 6 “Weekly Recap with Matt Wacker” FLW Shows off new technologies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmXS_liL1_M
March 2018 — Women’s History Month Interview with Brig. Gen. Donna Martin, The Weekly Recap With Matt Wacker
As part of #WomensHistoryMonth Brig. Gen. Donna Martin, U.S. Army Military Police School Commandant, shares her thoughts and reflects on her military career during a media interview with Fidelity 6 at #FortLeonardWood. #MeetYourArmy
Posted by U.S. Army Fort Leonard Wood on Tuesday, March 27, 2018