This information is current as of 15 JANUARY 2018.

Please review the following information to determine if you need a pass. In most cases, those coming for graduations don’t need one unless:

1) You are staying at the on post hotel (Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Foster Lodge, or Warrior Lodge)

2) You plan to enter post before family day or after graduation day

3) You are not a US citizen

IMPORTANT REAL ID ACT INFO: Every state and territory, with the exception of AMERICAN SAMOA, has a REAL ID compliance extension until October 10th 2018; meaning you will not require additional documents unless you are from AMERICAN SAMOA. If you are from AMERICAN SAMOA, be prepared to show one of the following documents: Social Security Card, US Passport (can be expired), Certified Birth Certificate. Other, less common, documents can be found on the FLW home page ( These must be real documents, not photo copies or pictures on a phone. Visitors found to be non-compliant with the REAL ID Act will need an escort from the graduating unit to get on post.

VEHICLE INFORMATION: Visitors driving on post must have on hand: current insurance and registration for you vehicle. If you are renting a car, you are still require to have proof of insurance. This can be a personal insurance card for a vehicle you own, or you can purchase the insurance the rental agency offers (normally known a PAI; Personal Accident Insurance).


US citizens will be granted access without a pass or background check on FAMILY DAY and GRADUATION DAY.

Show your state issued license or ID at the gate, state why you are here. It is a good idea to know your service members unit and event location.

Visitors 17 and younger are not required to show an ID.

If you wish to enter post PRIOR to family day or AFTER graduation, or stay at the on post overnight during your stay (on post hotel), you will need to be background checked and have a pass for each person in your party age 18 and over. We have an online pass request you can use for these days (, but you must have a sponsor (known on the form as the “Point of Contact”) and their MILITARY email address to complete it properly. This would be your soldier (if they can access their military email), or a cadre member of the trainees unit. Do not put your own email in the “Point of Contact” block, as it will then be self-sponsored pass and will be deleted without action once we receive it.

Another option is to get the background check and pass once you arrive at the fort. This option is fine as long as no one in your party has any criminal history.

If you are arriving to check into the hotel after 9 P.M., you will need to show proof of a reservation (confirmation email, etc.).


If you, or anyone else in your party, 18 or over, is NOT a US citizen, you need to email us the following information to be cleared for entry to Fort Leonard Wood.

Use this email address:

NON US CITIZENS DO NOT USE THE ONLINE PASS APPLICATION! It is only set up for US citizens, and does not ask for any immigration information. Your pass will be issued when you arrive at Fort Leonard Wood and your sponsor will be your graduating service member.


  • FULL Name (Last, First Middle):
  • FULL Mailing Address:
  • Date of Birth:
  • Country of Birth:
  • Sex (male/female):
  • Passport number:
  • Visa number (if applicable):
  • Resident alien card number (if applicable):
  • US State and driver’s license number (if applicable):
  • Date entering the United States (if not already here):
  • Start date of visit to Fort Leonard Wood:
  • End date of visit to Fort Leonard Wood:
  • Unit that is graduating (Usually first line of mailing address; example: A Company 31st Eng.):
  • Name of soldier that is graduating:

Be advised, if you are in the UNITED STATES ILLEGALLY, you WILL NOT be granted access to the installation under any circumstances, regardless of what your soldier told you. You MUST have full legal status with Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Having an Employment Authorization Card or DACA, or having an application “pending” does not necessarily make you legal for entry onto a US military installation, so please apply as early as possible to avoid unnecessary hardship and travel costs.

NON US citizens MUST have their immigrations documents present in order to be processed. This included RESIDENT ALIEN CARDS! Do not leave them at home!

NON US citizens are not permitted to use the on post hotel unless you have a Department of Defense (DOD) ID card holder directly escorting you. You will have to secure lodging at an off post establishment.

NON US citizens are allowed to go from the gate of access to the event location using the most direct route. Once they arrive at the event location, you will then be escorted by your graduating service member, and then have no restriction on travelling Fort Leonard Wood. Once you drop your soldier off at the end of the day’s activities, you will then proceed off the installation using the most direct route.

More information can be found on our website.

To check the status of your installation pass request or for more information, call 573-596-0590 or 573-596-0356, 24 hours a day.