FORT LEONARD WOOD, Mo. (June 13, 2018) — The U.S. Army will observe its 243rd Birthday June 14, and is asking the public to take part in the celebration by creating and posting a birthday shout-out to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube accounts using the hashtag #ArmyBDay.
According to Army Public Affairs officials, the invitation to post a shout-out to social media is open to everyone, including, but not limited to Soldiers, citizens, celebrities, leaders, Army units, branches of the Armed Forces, Garrisons, Military Service Organizations, Veteran Service Organizations, Veterans, chambers of commerce, members of the media, Army Families, schools, and other community groups.
Here is how to create a shout-out video:
• Select your own social media platform of choice
• Shoot selfie-style video
• Tell us who you are and what the Army means to you or,
• Recognize someone you know in the Army
• Wish the Army a Happy Birthday
• Post the video to your own social media account on or before June 14, using #ArmyBDay
The U.S. Army will feature some of the shout-outs on the Army’s official accounts the evening of June 14.