Public Affairs Office
FORT LEONARD WOOD, Mo. (April 3, 2020) — Please see the list below for installation services affected on Fort Leonard Wood.
***New changes: Commissary, GLWACH appointments***
AAFES Main Exchange and Mini-Mall: Normal business hours. Customers encouraged to use credit/debit or gift cards to minimize the handling of cash. Troop Stores at Reception and Buildings 744, 835 and 1026 are also operating normally
AAFES Restaurants and Food Court: Unless listed below, operating at normal hours for carry out only
- Anthony’s Pizza: Closed
- Auntie Anne’s: Closed
- Baskin Robins: Open from noon to 4 p.m., carry out only
- Boston Market: Closed
- Charley’s: Open from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., carry out only
- Einstein Bagel: Open from 7 a.m. to noon, carry out only
- Manchu Wok: Open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., carry out only
- Coffee shop in Bldg. 470: Closed
Armed Forces YMCA: Closed. Please contact if support is needed
Army Community Service: Closed
Army Emergency Relief: Available for assistance via remote methods Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Beneficiaries may contact AER Specialist Patty McDonald via telephone at 573.596.7505 or email email@example.com. Individuals may also contact the Financial Readiness Program Chief Shin-Ae Young at 573.596.2078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to request and receive assistance. For AER assistance after duty hours, weekends and holidays contact the American Red Cross at 877.272.7337.
Army Wellness Center: Closed
ASAP: Closed. For emergencies, call 573.596.0938
Auto Skills Center: Closed
Barber Shop (Troop Store): Appointments only
Barber Shop (Main Exchange): Closed
Beauty Shop (Main Exchange): Closed
BOSS Corner / BOSS Program: Closed
Bruce C. Clarke Library: Closed
Chapel Services: All Religious Services and Religious Education events on Fort Leonard Wood are postponed until further notice except for the 43rd Adjutant General Battalion Initial Entry Training Services. Religious Services for the Brigade Soldiers will be conducted by the unit Chaplains. Additional information will be distributed by the individual unit Chaplains. We will Stream on Facebook Live one Catholic Mass at 9 a.m. and one Protestant Service at 10:30 a.m. These can be viewed on the Religious Support Office Facebook. Easter Sunrise Service is canceled. Services will be streamed, as usual, on Easter Sunday and have an Easter theme.
Child Development Centers/Childcare: Child care available for mission critical personnel only, validated with a memo from sponsor’s commander
Commissary: Hours have been adjusted to allow for cleaning and re-stocking. A designated shopping time from 9 to 10 a.m. Mondays through Fridays has been established for senior citizens aged 65 and older, those who are pregnant and for Tier 1 teleworkers who are eligible to shop at the Commissary. (IF the spouse of a Tier 1 teleworker has Commissary shopping privileges, they may come in their place.) Regular shopping hours are Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. 100 percent ID checks will be conducted to reduce the number of visitors. Limits to some items may apply. As an additional precaution the use of reusable bags at the register has been discontinued
Cleaners: Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Closed Mondays
CYS classes and SKIES: Closed
Daugherty Bowling Center: Closed
Davidson Fitness Center: Closed
Defense Military Pay Office: Pay related document submissions will only be accepted by the Defense Military Pay Office (Finance) electronically at:
- Unit Transmittal Letters: email@example.com
- Pay Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soldiers should speak with their unit S1 before submitting any documentation. We will continue to do our in-processing and separation/retirement briefings in room 1118, bldg. 470
Dining Facilities: All open
Family Advocacy Program: Call 573.263.1529 for assistance
Family Child Care: Normal operations
Fire Stations: Closed to visitors. Call to reschedule any non-emergency services conducted by the firefighters
Firestone: Open with reduced hours of Mondays through Saturdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays
Flower Shop (Main Exchange): Reduced hours of Mondays through Fridays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
FMWR Events: Additional MWR events have been postponed or cancelled. Please check the MWR Facebook page or website for the complete list.
General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital: See bottom of page
Golf Course: Closed
ID Card Facility: Normal operations
IHG Hotels: Business centers and fitness centers at both the Holiday Inn Express and Candlewood Suites are closed. Shuttle service has been suspended until June 1. Weekly socials have been canceled through Sept. 30. Grab and go breakfast is being offered
Lake of the Ozarks Recreation Area: Closed
Legal Assistance Office: Operating remotely (via telephone consultation) for all attorney consultations. The office is also open for limited hours to perform notarizations and powers of attorney. An attorney is also available for emergency services
- Attorney Consults: call 573.596.0629 to schedule an attorney consultation. If your consult involves reviewing documents such as a contract or court order, you will be asked to scan the document to the attorney prior to your conference
- Notary Service and Powers of Attorney: the office will be open from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. on Mondays AND Wednesdays
- Emergency Services: for emergency services of any kind such as immediate Special Victim Counsel consultation, domestic violence representation, or advice on a time sensitive issue such as an immediate court hearing, contact the office at 573.596.0629 or 596.7215 and you will be referred to an attorney for immediate assistance.
Leisure Travel: Closed
Military Clothing Sales: Normal business hours
Morelli Heights: Closed
Museum Complex: Closed
MWR Warehouse: Closed
North Express: Normal business hours
Optical Shop: Open from noon to 5 p.m.
Optometry Clinic (Main Exchange): Closed
Outdoor Recreation: Closed
Ozark Tavern: Closed
Parent Outreach Service: Open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday
Pershing Community Center: Closed
Pharmacy (Main Exchange): Normal business hours
Piney Valley Golf Course: Closed
Pippen Youth Center (Middle School and Teen Center): Closed
Ponds: Open to DoD ID card holders only, must check in with iSportsman at https://ftleonardwood.isportsman.net/
Rec Plex: Closed
SHARP: Fort Leonard Wood hotline 573.855.1327, DoD hotline 877.995.5247
South Express: Normal business hours
Specker Gym: Closed
Stripes Alteration Shop: Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Closed Mondays
Tax Center: Closed to further tax return customers and is not accepting any new returns for processing. Staff will complete returns for customers who have already dropped off their files and will schedule appointments for pickup, signature and filing when health protection guidelines allow
Taxi/Lyft/Uber Services: All are suspended
Thrift Shop: Closed
Training Support Center: The TSC is only issuing or accepting turn-ins with units that have appointments. No walk-ins will be seen until further notice
Troop Stores: Reception and Buildings 744, 835 and 1026 are all normal business hours
Veterinary Services: Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but will not be taking out-patient appointments or doing anesthetic procedures until further notice
Youth Sports: Closed
General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital: In a continuing effort to continue caring for your health care needs, while improving social distancing and the conservation of personal protective equipment, the General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital on Fort Leonard Wood has made the following changes:
- For visitation, GLWACH will only allow one visitor per patient and that visitor will be the same person during the patient’s stay.
- Pharmacy refills: It is now mandatory for patients to either call the refill line at 800.245.1953 or 573.596.0128, or login to the TRICARE Online Patient Portal at https://www.tricareonline.com/tol2/prelogin/desktopIndex.xhtml. The automated service will give you the time and date to pick up your refill. Refills will only be picked up at the Main Exchange Pharmacy at this time.
- Entering the hospital: All patients and visitors must enter the hospital through the main hospital entrance, primary care entrance or emergency room entrance.
The main hospital and emergency room entrances are open 24/7 and the Primary Care Clinic (middle door) entrance is open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. These are the only entrances accessible for routine access to GLWACH.
- Patients will be prescreened upon entering. Personnel are located at each of the three entrances (main hospital door, the door nearest the emergency department and the main sliding doors by the Primary Care Department) and will ask about recent travel, symptoms and contact with individuals who have a confirmed case of COVID-19. This enables GLWACH staff to help direct you to the correct location for screening, treatment or testing.
- Primary Care Clinic: In order to ensure patients receive the care needed while remaining safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our team at the Primary Care Clinic is transitioning many routine visits to virtual-care visits. This means clinic team members will call and schedule a time to speak with the patient about health care needs. Handling appointments over the phone or with the secure messaging system which is already in place will lessen foot traffic in the hospital and improve social distancing.
Patients will be scheduled with the following staggered times:
— 7:40 to 10 a.m. Adults/high risk patients, scheduled face-to-face appointments for 50 and older a pharmacist will also be available for counseling and hand delivery of medications within the Primary Care Clinic to alleviate their need to be in a pharmacy waiting area
— 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Virtual visits only for Family Practice and Internal Medicine
— 1 to 4 p.m. for adults 17 and older who have acute needs, scheduled face-to-face appointments
For pediatric patients 0 to 17 years of age:
— 7:40 to 11 a.m. Virtual health appointments
— 11 a.m. to noon Ages 0 to 6 months, scheduled face-to-face appointments
— 1 to 4 p.m. Ages 7 months to 17 years, scheduled face-to-face appointments for acute issues only that cannot be handled over the phone
- Patients with allergy and infusion needs will continue to be seen on a scheduled basis.
- All lab requests, medication requests, referral requests and test results will be done by virtual visit
- Profile updates will be done by virtual visit
- Dermatology Clinic: Only urgent referrals will be seen at the Dermatology Clinic. Routine referrals will be delayed for 60 days.
- Optometry Clinic: The Optometry Clinic will only be serving the Soldier recruit mission and provide emergency services, but otherwise will be closed.
- Elective surgeries have been cancelled at this time.
- Dental clinics are performing acute care visits only.
- Mother Baby Unit: Regular care will continue with the Mother Baby Unit.
- Urgent Care Clinic: An urgent care clinic, located across from the current Emergency Room, will be open Monday, March 23, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Soldier Centered Medical Team Sick Call will be located at the Urgent Care Clinic from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m.
GLWACH Appointments: TRICARE Online (TOL) web-enabled patient appointment booking has been disabled. Please use the appointment line phone number 866.299.4234 to book appointments at GLWACH. TOL Secure Messaging is still available, however. Please continue to make contact with your Primary Care Team as usual via TOL Secure Messaging.
* This list will be updated as more information is available *
About Fort Leonard Wood
Fort Leonard Wood is a thriving and prosperous installation that has evolved from a small basic training post more than 75 years ago to a premier Army Center of Excellence that trains more than 80,000 military and civilians each year.
Fort Leonard Wood is home to the U.S Army Maneuver Support Center of Excellence and three U.S. Army schools: the U.S. Army Engineer School; U.S. Army Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear School; and the U.S. Army Military Police School. In addition to training engineer, CBRN and military police specialties for the Army, Fort Leonard Wood also provides gender-integrated in-processing and Basic Combat Training for new Soldiers.
Fort Leonard Wood also hosts and trains with the largest Marine Corps Detachment and Air Force Squadron on any Army installation as well as a large Navy construction detachment.
More information about Fort Leonard Wood is at: https://home.army.mil/wood/index.php/about/mission