Following are some highlights of Fort Leonard Wood in the news.
S&B / CST & CBRNE Magazine Q3 2018 : Brig. Gen. Antonio Munera, 30 Chief of Chemical, is featured in a Q&A on “A Century of Chemical Management and Defense” in combination with the 100th Anniversary of the U.S. Army Chemical Corps, page 12 online version. https://issuu.com/tacticaldefensemedia/docs/cbrne_q318_webpdf_1_
Nov. 12, 2018 — St. Louis Post-Dispatch by Jesse Bogan https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/first-female-commander-at-fort-leonard-wood-wants-women-to/article_a2c1b6fc-fb82-5333-8f80-eb4e71b3c257.html.
Nov. 11, 2018 — KY3 Springfield Veterans Day Salute by Andrew Hvranek, https://www.ky3.com/content/news/VETERANS-DAY-SALUTE-Sergeant-Caleb-Mackey-500247571.html.
Sept. 22, 2018 — Cardinals Broadcaster Mike Claiborne interviews Brig. Gen. Andy Munera, 30th Chief of Chemical, Sept. 22 at Busch Stadium for the 25th annual Military Appreciation Day game.
Aug. 28, 2018 KMOV 4 St. Louis, MO — By Emily Pritchard https://www.kmov.com/news/first-female-commanding-general-promoted-to-lead-fort-leonard-wood/article_0f062ecd-3625-511d-a4d9-e46bcc4609ee.html
Aug. 28, 2018 KY3 Springfield, MO — By Andrew Havranek https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Fort-Leonard-Wood-celebrates-promotion-of-major-general-491901541.html
Aug. 28, 2018 KOLR 10 Springfield, MO — By Brea Douglas https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/major-general-donna-martin-becomes-fort-leonard-wood-s-first-female-commanding-general/1402649926
Aug. 20, 2018 — Career Paths in the U.S. Army by Wood TV 8, Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, Mi. https://www.woodtv.com/eightwest/career-paths-and-opportunities-in-the-us-army/1382969314
April 14-18, 2018 — Best Sapper Competition
- The Army’s Best Sapper Competition is Getting a New Name, Charlsy Panzino, Army Times
- Fort Campbell Engineers Take Top Honors at Best Sapper Competition, by Meghann Myers, Army Times
- BSC preview with KFBD 97.9 FM www.myozarksonline.com
- April 24: Sec Army @SecArmy congratulates Best Sappers on Twitter Congratulations to Capt. Chelednik and Sgt. 1st Class Clark with the 21st Brigade Engineer Battalion 3 BCT, @101st AASLTDIV, for winning 1st Place at the 2018 #BestSapper Competition at #fortleonardwood.
April 11-12, 2018 — Maneuver Support, Sustainment, Protection, Integration Experiment (MSSPIX) 2018 Media Day
- Springfield News Leader, Army shows off next-level tech at Fort Leonard Wood https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2018/04/11/fort-leonard-wood-msspix-army-demonstrates-trio-experimental-technologies-faro-drones-3-d-printer/503766002/
- KOLR 10, Army Testing New Technologies at Ft. Leonard Wood http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/army-testing-new-technologies-at-ft-leonard-wood/1116166010
- KY3, Fort Leonard Wood showcases new technology, http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Fort-Leonard-Wood-showcases-new-technology-479459683.html
- KFLW 98.9 FM, Facebook post: MSSPIX – Maneuver Support, Sustainment, Protection, Integration Experiment- Media day 2018. How about Engineers 3-D printing concrete buildings? Military Police scanning a crime scene or battle area in minutes instead of hours? Chemical Soldiers tracking and mapping contaminated areas while staying at a safe distance? All this and more is the future and that future is being tested now on Ft. Leonard Wood! https://www.facebook.com/kflw.fort/
- Phelps County Focus http://www.phelpscountyfocus.com/the_focus_insider/article_1f56ed30-41b9-11e8-bc52-fb99c27aafd9.html
- Lebanon Daily Record https://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/ *Now Laclede County Record
- Fidelity 6 “Weekly Recap with Matt Wacker” FLW Shows off new technologies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmXS_liL1_M
March 2018 — Women’s History Month Interview with Brig. Gen. Donna Martin, The Weekly Recap With Matt Wacker
As part of #WomensHistoryMonth Brig. Gen. Donna Martin, U.S. Army Military Police School Commandant, shares her thoughts and reflects on her military career during a media interview with Fidelity 6 at #FortLeonardWood. #MeetYourArmy
Posted by U.S. Army Fort Leonard Wood on Tuesday, March 27, 2018